Windows help for locating viruses in a Windows search
Viruses are malicious programs which have the ability to damage your computer or steal vital information. Most of these viruses can be located and deleted by running an antivirus program. However, if you are aware of the name of the virus that is causing trouble to your computer, you can locate it and remove it using the Windows search feature. This is usually referred to as “manually removing” a virus. Windows search feature is included in all the versions of Windows operating systems. However, it is desirable to run an antivirus program in addition to manually removing a virus. This will make sure that all the components of the virus are removed. In this article you can find instructions for manually removing a virus using the Windows search feature of your operating system.
Windows help instructions
The instructions mentioned below will help you in the process of finding viruses in a Windows search.
For Windows XP and 2000 users
- First click on the Windows “Start” button.
- Select the option which says “Search” from the start menu.
- Click on the option titled “For files and folders”. This will open up the Windows Search Window.
- Click on the option labeled “All files and folders”.
- Enter the name of the virus you are looking for under the “All or part of the file name field”. Remember that you don’t have to know the full name of the virus.
- Hit the button labeled “Search”.
- Go through the list of search results.
- Once you find the virus you are looking for, right click on it and select the option “Delete” from the given menu for removing the virus from your computer.
For Windows 7 users
- Click on the Windows “Start” button located on your desktop.
- Enter the name of the virus you are looking for in the search box of the start menu. You will be able to see the list of matching files as you type the name.
- Locate the file you want to delete from the search results.
- Click on the option which says “Delete” from the given menu.
That’s all with the instructions for locating viruses in Windows search. Thanks for your time!
Windows help for renewing an IP address in Windows 7
While connecting a new computer to your existing modem, you won’t be having an immediate internet connection since the IP address needs to be renewed. In certain cases, the IP address will be renewed automatically if you unplug the modem and restart your computer. However, you have to release and renew the IP address in most cases. In this article you can find instructions for doing the same.
Windows help instructions
Mentioned below are the instructions which will help you in the process of renewing an IP address in your Windows 7 operating system.
- Start off by connecting your computer to the modem.
- Start your computer and browse to the desktop.
- Click on the Windows “Start” menu and select the option which says “Control Panel” from the start menu.
- Click on the option which says “Network and Internet”.
- Click on the option titled “Network and Sharing Center”. This will open up the network and sharing center dialog box.
- Select the option which says “Change adapter settings” which you can see in the top-left side of the dialog window.
- Right click on the icon titled “Local Area Connection”.
- Select the option which says “Disabled” from the given menu. This will disable the Local Area Connection and also releases the IP address. You will be able to see the word “Disabled” below the LAN icon.
- Now unplug your modem. If incase the indicator lights are still on, even after unplugging your modem, you need to remove its battery. All the indicator lights on your modem must be off because this shows that the modem has completed the releasing of the IP address.
- Wait for 10 to 20 seconds before you plug your modem back in and allow the modem to fully reset, which normally takes a minute. The flashing of the indicator lights in the modem shows that it has been completely reset.
- After that, right-click on the icon titled “Local Area Connection” and click on the option labeled “Enable”. This will complete the whole process of renewing your IP address and restoring your Internet connection.
That’s all with the instructions for renewing an IP address in Windows 7. Have a nice day!