Windows 7 support for making your Thumbnails look bigger
Thumbnails are small sized versions of pictures which are very helpful when it comes to recognizing and reorganizing them. Basically, it servers the same purpose for images as a normal text index does for words. As we move towards an age of digital images and visual search engines, image organizing programs and operating systems have adapted the use of thumbnails to bring more clarity to the user.
When you try to open a folder containing pictures in Windows 7, the pictures will be displayed as thumbnails rather than standard icons. Some of you might not be happy with the default size of these thumbnails in which case you need to change it. Thanks to Microsoft, in Windows 7, you can actually increase the size of the thumbnails. This article contains instructions for doing the same.
Windows 7 support instructions
What you can find below are the instructions provided by Windows 7 support team intended to help you with the process of making thumbnails look bigger.
Instructions for increasing thumbnail size
- Start off by clicking the Windows “Start” button.
- Select the option which says “Computer” for opening Windows Explorer.
- Browse to the folder where in your pictures are stored.
- Click on the option labeled “View” located on the top of the menu bar.
- Select the option which says “Extra Large Icons”.
- If incase you are not able to see the menu bar, click on “Alt” to make it visible.
- Your thumbnails should now appear at their maximum size. You can also do this by holding the “Ctrl” key and scrolling the mouse roller, stopping only when you’ve the desired size in front of you.
Instructions for applying the increased size universally
- Click on the option which says “Tools” located in the top menu bar of Windows Explorer and select the option labeled “Folder Options”. This will open up the folder options window.
- Go to the tab titled “View” in the folder options window.
- Click on the option which says “Apply to folders” and then select “Yes” in the confirmation window. This will enable your size selections in all picture folders.
That’s all with the Windows 7 support instructions for increasing the size of your thumbnails.
Windows 7 support information regarding updates
Windows Updates are very important elements which will enhance the performance and security of your computer. Every now and then, Microsoft releases various updates pertaining to its products. If you are a Windows 7 user, it’s highly recommended that you keep your OS up-to-date to ensure maximum productivity. An operating system which is not updated regularly is more vulnerable to threats than one which isn’t.
After installing all the available updates for the Windows 7 operating system, you need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. At times, your system will automatically restart once the updating process is over, other times you need to do it manually.
Read through this article and you will find more information provided by Windows 7 support team regarding updates.
Latest updates for Windows 7
You can get information regarding latest updates for Windows 7 either from the Windows 7 support home page or from several other third-party websites. The updates for Windows 7 are also available on the manufacturer’s website. With the latest update options, users will be having recent builds, new extensions, new versions of the applications and programs and new software for Windows 7.
How to update Windows 7
The updating process in Windows 7 can be carried out either manually or with the help of different websites by finding appropriate updates or through the Windows update utility that comes inbuilt along with the operating system. Windows Update utility is available to all Windows 7 users; this utility downloads and installs updates automatically. For accessing this utility and viewing the available updates, one must open the “Action Center” window.
Some important tips to install updates
The updates that you install through “Action Center” using the “Windows Update” utility will not be having any kinds of errors or corruptions. However, those updates given by third party providers or websites need to be monitored carefully. It is recommended that you download updates only from trusted websites. Also make sure that your system is protected with the help of security tools during the update installation process. After installing, always remember to reboot your system, because only then will the changes take effect.
That’s all with the Windows 7 support information regarding updates. Thanks for your time and have a nice day.