Bluetooth is basically a wireless technology that can be used for transferring data over short distances. It has been extensively used in mobile devices, laptops and tablet devices. Windows operating system usually uses their own in-built drivers first for supporting Bluetooth devices. However, some users might be of the opinion that third-party drivers for Bluetooth are superior to the in-built ones. If you are one among them, you may need to remove Bluetooth wireless support from your Windows XP operating system. In order to do this, all you have to do is to disable the wireless support. In this article you can find step by step instructions for doing the same.
Windows support instructions
What you can find below are the instructions recommended by the Windows Support team which will assist you in the process of removing Bluetooth. Make sure to follow all the instructions without failure.
- Start off with this procedure by clicking on the button with Microsoft logo on it, commonly known as the Windows “Start” button, located on the bottom left hand corner of your desktop.
- Select the option which says “Run” from the start menu.
- Enter “sysdm.cpo” in the run text box and hit the “Ok” button. This will open up the “System Properties” window.
- Go to the tab titled “Hardware”.
- Hit the button labeled “Device Manager”.
- Now click on the “+” sign located next to Bluetooth radios.
- Right click on each of the devices listed under Bluetooth radios one by one, and select the option “Uninstall” from the context menu. Once you are finished with it, hit the “Ok” button.
- After that, double click on the icon titled “My Computer” located on your desktop.
- Double click on the primary drive letter of your computer. In most cases it will be the one with the letter “C”.
- Double click on the folder titled “Windows”.
- Double click on the folder named “Inf”.
- Locate the file which says “Bth.inf” and rename it to “Bth.inf.old”.
- Also rename the file titled “Bth.pnf” to “Bth.pnf.old”.
- Finally put an end to this procedure by rebooting your computer.
That’s with the instructions for removing your Windows Bluetooth. Thanks for your time and have a wonderful day!