When downloading and installing any new applications or programs or when updating an existing one, the most important thing that should be kept in mind is the compatibility of the program and the operating system. Not only the program, but the associated drivers also need to be compatible with the operating system otherwise it is not going to work. The most problematic programs are the instant chatting services like Msn Messenger or Yahoo Messenger.
If you are running Vista in your system, you would have frequently faced this issue of incompatibility. In Vista, you would have faced issues like sign-in errors, uploading of friends’ lists, and sudden crashing of Messenger with MSN and Yahoo Messenger. If you think that the recently updated version of MSN messenger is giving you problems, then you are recommended to remove the MSN messenger from the computer. Then reinstall it. This article shares the instructions for removing incompatible MSN messenger from Vista.
Instructions by Windows Vista help
Follow the given steps for removing MSN messenger from Vista to fix the incompatibility issues happening. The steps are as follows:
- Click the Start Menu button located on the left bottom of the task bar.
- Scroll to Control Panel and click on it.
- Click on the Uninstall a Program link under Programs from the list of features in the Control Panel window.
- Scroll down to MSN Messenger from the list of programs, which open up.
- Select it.
- Right-click on MSN Messenger.
- From the list of options Uninstall, Change or Repair displayed on the pop-out window, click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program through the message: Are you sure you want to uninstall MSN Messenger?
- A window will open and a number of operations keep running.
- Agree to all operations, if asked.
- Uninstalling of MSN Messenger will take a few minutes.
- Restart the computer once the process is conducted successfully.
These steps will remove the MSN messenger from your Vista operating system. Go to the MSN site and download the latest version of the messenger and install it. This should fix the incompatibility issues in Vista with MSN.
Contact Windows Vista help for more assistance. Ciao!