The only available option to protect unauthorized persons from being able to access your email account is to keep your password as private as possible. Hotmail now features a password recovery link in order to keep your privacy as intact as possible. Though you will not be able to get your old password back, you will be able to create a new password in a matter of minutes. Just follow the instructions given below which have been devised by the Windows online support team.
Instructions to Retrieve an MSN Password
- Start off with these instructions by going to the Hotmail homepage. Click on the “Forgot your password?” link. This is usually located at the right-hand side of the log-in page. You will see a new page which is entitled “Reset your Password.”As soon as this page loads, you have to enter your Windows Live ID.
- Following which, you have to type the six characters which you see in the picture box. This security feature helps MSN verify the request that you have put forward and stop automated services from falsely attempting to gain unauthorized entry to email accounts. Click the “Continue” tab.
- It is then required that you select an email address to which you wish to have your password sent. In case you do not have an email address on file along with MSN, enter any other email address that you have.
- Proceed to review the password set instructions. Then click “OK.” Head over to the alternate email account. Open the email which is entitled “Reset your Windows live password.” Click on the link which is provided in the email. Cut and paste the web address into the address bar. Click “Enter.”
- Finally, confirm your Hotmail email address. Select a new password. Click “Continue.” Select a question as well as the secret answer. Click “Continue.”
That concludes the instructions to be followed in order to get an MSN password back in a jiffy. Feel free to contact the Windows online support team if you need further technical support. Also visit the corresponding website if the information contained in this article does not suffice.
I hope this article has been of assistance to you. Thank you for your time.