Windows Vista was designed to ensure more security and safety to the user data and settings. This article will help you in changing the date and time of the operating system.
Instructions by Windows Vista help
These steps by the Vista help team will guide the users through the procedure for changing the date and time of the operating system. The steps are simple and easy. The steps are as follows:
Set the Date and Time
- Click on the Control panel from the Start menu.
- Go to Clock, Language and Region.
- Click Date and Time.
- Click the Date and Time tab and then Change Date and Time.
- Enter the password if prompted to do so.
- Double-click the hour.
- Click the up or down arrows to set the correct hour, or type it manually.
- Double-click the minutes.
- Use the up or down arrows to set the correct number of minutes after the hour, or type it manually.
- Select the correct month from the dropdown menu on the calendar to the left of the clock.
- Click the correct date on the calendar.
- Set the correct year by using the up or down arrows next to the box with a year in it.
- Click OK when you have finished setting the date and time.
- Select Change Time Zone to change the time zone on the computer.
- Choose the preferred time zone from the list on the Time Zone Settings dialogue box
- Select the Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time box to have the computer’s clock automatically updated for Daylight Savings.
- Hover the mouse over the clock on the right side of the desktop to change the time from the sidebar.
- Expect two buttons to appear: Close and Options. Click Options.
- Choose a name for the clock from the Options menu, as well as to decide whether or not to display the second hand.
- Note that you can also change the time zone from here.
These steps will be enough for changing the date and time of you Windows Vista operating system. if you were not able to complete them successfully, contact the Windows Vista help team.
Hope this article was helpful to you.