Windows 7 ushered in a new age of technological ease. The operating system is more user-friendly, easier and filled to the brim with functions which every average user can make use of. Not only have several functions been improved upon but also there are plenty new ones which make the user perform new tasks. One of those spheres in the operating system where they have shined in is the computer appearance department. Windows 7 has thus unveiled many a feature to alter and customize your computer appearance. Windows 7 provides you with unique options such changing the background, screensaver, mouse pointer, sounds and icons in a creative manner to give that customized feel. Now changing a folder icon just requires you to adjust the settings in the icon’s properties. And to change the icon of a desktop icon, you just have to adjust the settings in the Control Panel. Here are some instructions that you need to follow to change the icon, as provided by Windows 7 Help.
Change General Folder Icons
- Start off by right-clicking the icon that you want to change and click “Properties.”
- Now click the “Change Icon” option.
- Choose an icon from the list and click “OK.” If you have an icon saved on your computer that does not appear in the list, clicks the “Browse” button and navigate to the folder containing the icon. Double-click the icon and click “OK.”
Change Desktop Icons
- Click the “Start” button and then click “Control Panel.”
- Click “Appearance and Personalization” and click “Personalization.”
- Click “Change Desktop Icons” and click the icon that you want to change.
- Finally select the “Change Icon,” and choose an icon from the list and click “OK.” If you have an icon already saved on your computer that does not appear in the list, clicks the “Browse” button and navigate to the folder containing the icon. Double-click the icon and click “OK.”
With these instructions from Windows 7 Help you would have likely and successfully changed your desktop icons to something which you desire. It is always apt that you change things a bit so that not be constantly be bored by viewing the same set if icons every single day of the week. Thus Windows 7 provides you with the option of slightly spicing things up.